Sunday, May 4, 2008

Board Member Throws Hot Coffee on Neighbor

Aaah, a beautiful, sunny Sunday afternoon.

A great day to relax by the pool, soak in the sun, and read my book. This is what Florida and Miami living is all about--the perfect winter-to-spring weather, the tranquility and the rejuvenation from the sun's warm rays. This is also an opportunity to enjoy the amenities of my home for which I pay a handsome maintenance fee. I may not play tennis or squash, but I do use the gym and pool weekly, religiously.

In stepping outside, I see some neighbors lounging by the east side of the pool. They wave and invite me to join them.

At one point, we are discussing the state of affairs at BPII. A nearby resident interrupts us with concern. She asks us for the date of the next board meeting. Bea (for short), then shares with us the following:

She was walking her dog one day by the grass in front of the playground. Robert Jaffee approaches her and scolds her for bringing her dog to the area and states "dogs are not allowed here". Not a stupid woman, Bea responds, "then why is your dog here?" "This is only for townhouse residents," responds Jaffee. Bea responds that she can't believe there are separate rules for townhouse owners. When did the townhouses secede from the union? Perhaps in his marijuana-inspired mind (as I have witnessed him smoking on a number of occasions), he believes the townhouses are a separate entity.

According to Bea the argument gets heated and Mr. Jaffee then purposely throws hot coffee on her. She reports the incident to security who refused to take any action. It was clear to her that security is frightened of Mr. Robert Jaffee. The incident happened around January--before the elections.

Coincidentally, as Bea is sharing her story, both the Security Director and Asst Director had stopped by our area to say hello. We immediately turned to them and shared the abbreviated version to Pete and Peter. Apparently this was the first time they were hearing about this incident. Bea insisted she did not want the security guard to get in trouble because clearly he was afraid. We encouraged her to share her story at the next meeting, but at that point, Bea picked up on Mr. Jaffee's rap sheet for bullying residents. "No, I don't want him to come after me," she responds.

My neighbor and I could share the story, but then as a neighbor/attorney always reminds us "hearsay does not hold weight". If people are afraid to come forward, how will this community ever return to peaceful times? UNBELIEVABLE.

Did the Security Director ever file a report? I doubt it as I've always believed that both Pete and Peter are afraid of Lucifer Jaffee.

Yet the association goes after minor violations which do not hurt or affect anyone and IGNORE MAJOR VIOLATIONS THAT THREATEN A PERSON'S BEING. The priorities are upside down. It's only May--something tells me things will get worse, before they get better. 99% of the time my gut is right. For once, I pray I'm proven wrong.

No comments: